You make it into the gym for your workouts 3-5 days per week for one hour, but what about the other 14-16 hours you are awake? Getting 10,000 steps a day is a common way to make sure you are getting in a good dose of activity. Here are some tips to adjust your day to make sure you are squeezing them in!
- Track your steps! What is measured, improves. There are plenty of easy ways to track your steps. Use a fit bit, an Apple watch, or even your phone. Check your steps at the end of each day to make sure you are getting in your 10,000.
- Park farther away. This can be done at work, when out running errands, or anywhere you drive to. Parking farther away can help you get in those extra steps, and only adds in a few extra minutes of time.
- Take the stairs. When at work, or out shopping, choose to take the stairs rather than the elevator or escalator. This can help you get your extra steps as well as a little more cardio, especially for the ones going up!
- Walk your dog. People with dogs know that they usually love exercise. Take the time to give your dog a nice, long walk and you will benefit as well.
- Make plans with friends to go on a walk or hike. It’s always great to get some fresh air and get out in nature. When making plans with friends, plan to meet up for a hike or walk on a nature trail. There are plenty close by options!
- Walk and talk. Have a business call? Catching up with a friend? Take it on the go to get some movement.
Continuing to move as we age is so important! Comment and let me know how you like getting your 10,00 steps a day!
Book your free No Sweat Intro to meet with a coach and talk about your goals here.